Financing available for investment opportunities.
Receive advice on liquidity and credit management issues
Secure a line of credit with stock holdings
Get credit cards with enhanced benefits
Our clients want simplified banking and more convenience to help manage liquidity, despite the complexity of their holdings. Sophisticated credit solutions are also essential.
Financial success is often the result of a strategic balance of liquidity, debt, equity and timing. Sufficient liquidity is necessary for living expenses, short-term obligations, and to fill in the gaps if income is lost. Excessive liquidity, however, can impede wealth creation and income potential. When used constructively, debt can help balance lifestyle with wealth creation goals.
These are all important tactics that require thoughtful consideration and a thorough understanding of your financial situation. An appropriate mix of cash, readily-marketable securities, and long-term investments can accommodate. Let our team of Private Bankers work with you to determine the appropriate mix of liquidity and debt for you.
- What steps have you taken to determine the appropriate mix of cash, cash alternatives, certificates of deposit and other fixed income instruments to ensure ample liquidity?
- How have you used liquidity to mitigate possible loss of income?
- How have you analyzed what amount of debt is right for you?
- What is your correct mix of debt and equity for various investment opportunities?
- Should you secure loans with home equity or other types of assets?
- Is a margin loan more suitable than a stock-secured line of credit?
It is often financially advantageous to use credit instead of liquidating investments to fund a major purchase. Union Private Banking can offer financing for investment opportunities as follows:
- Stock-Secured Line of Credit provides temporary financing collateralized by marketable securities in non-qualified accounts held at Union Bank, Union Investment Services and Old Dominion Capital Management. Clients make interest-only monthly payments.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) leverages first, second and third liens on owner-occupied primary and secondary residences in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida and the District of Columbia. Clients make interest-only monthly payments with up to 90% loan-to-market value.
- Unsecured Line of Credit provides temporary financing with interest-only monthly payments. Clients can borrow up to 20% of their liquidity.
- Private Banking provides checking, savings, money market accounts and certificates of deposit to wealth management clients.
- Wealth management clients can receive credit cards with enhanced benefits.
Union's Client Advisors advise their clients on liquidity and credit management issues, serving as the client’s primary contact for all Union banking services, including loans, deposit accounts and credit cards. Private Banking provides financing to wealth management clients who use credit strategically to take advantage of investment opportunities as well as for a wide variety of other purposes.
Securities are offered through Raymond James Financial Services, Inc., Member FINRA
. View the Raymond James privacy notice
Union Bank & Trust, Union Investment Services, and Union Wealth Management are not registered broker/dealers, and are independent of Raymond James Financial Services. Investment advisory services offered through Raymond James Financial Services Advisors, Inc. Securities are not insured by bank insurance, the FDIC, or any other government agency, are not bank guaranteed, are not deposits or obligations of the bank, are subject to risks, including the possible loss of principal.
Raymond James financial advisors may only conduct business with residents of the states and/or jurisdictions for which they are properly registered. Therefore, a response to a request for information may be delayed. Please note that not all of the investments and services mentioned are available in every state. Investors outside of the United States are subject to securities and tax regulations within their applicable jurisdictions that are not addressed on this site. Contact your local Raymond James office for information and availability.
Links are being provided for information purposes only. Raymond James is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize, or sponsor any of the listed websites or their respective sponsors. Raymond James is not responsible for the content of any website or the collection or use of information regarding any website's users and/or members.