Families trust us for comprehensive planning.
Personal trust services and document reviews
Executor and trustee services
Philanthropic advisory services
Planning for death and incapacity can be stressful, particularly where complex family dynamics are involved. Your Wealth Management Advisor can lead you through the critical estate-planning process and help ensure your desired outcomes are achieved.
In the past, estate planning has been driven by taxes, especially the federal estate and gift taxes. Recent changes in the law have shifted the focus of estate planning to asset protection, business succession and family values. Every client is impacted by income taxes and, of course, many still need to consider the impact of estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxes.
We approach estate planning in three collaborative stages. First, we strive to understand your circumstances, values and goals. Then, we work with you and your other professional advisors to create an integrated plan. This means we’ll make sure your will, trusts, powers of attorney, advance medical directive, retirement plans, insurance, and financial holdings are coordinated and work smoothly together. Finally, we revisit your plan periodically to make sure it’s up to date with changes to the law, your circumstances, and the economic climate.
Your advisor is part of an experienced team of financial professionals who will address your concerns about estate planning. Together, we will make sure your plan is tailored to your needs today and for the rest of your life.
Three Stages of Estate Planning
Your advisor can lead you through the critical estate-planning process and help ensure your desired outcomes are achieved by:
- Understanding your circumstances, values and goals.
- Working collaboratively to create an integrated plan for:
- Powers of attorney
- Advance medical directive
- Retirement plans
- Financial holdings
- Revisiting your plan periodically to ensure it stays current with changes to the law, your circumstances, and the economic climate.
- When was the last time your estate plan was reviewed?
- What actions have you taken to mitigate family conflicts that could arise after your death?
- Are you concerned about family members or loved ones managing their own financial affairs?
- How have you ensured that your estate plan is fully integrated within your financial plan?
- Are there organizations or causes you would like to support now or after your death?
- Are you concerned about details of your financial affairs becoming public after your death?
- Who will have the legal authority to manage your financial and legal affairs in the event you become incapacitated?
- Who will have the authority to make medical decisions for you if you can’t make them yourself?
Securities are offered through Raymond James Financial Services, Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC. View the Raymond James privacy notice.
Union Bank & Trust, Union Investment Services, and Union Wealth Management are not registered broker/dealers, and are independent of Raymond James Financial Services. Investment advisory services offered through Raymond James Financial Services Advisors, Inc. Securities are not insured by bank insurance, the FDIC, or any other government agency, are not bank guaranteed, are not deposits or obligations of the bank, are subject to risks, including the possible loss of principal.
Raymond James financial advisors may only conduct business with residents of the states and/or jurisdictions for which they are properly registered. Therefore, a response to a request for information may be delayed. Please note that not all of the investments and services mentioned are available in every state. Investors outside of the United States are subject to securities and tax regulations within their applicable jurisdictions that are not addressed on this site. Contact your local Raymond James office for information and availability.
Links are being provided for information purposes only. Raymond James is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize, or sponsor any of the listed websites or their respective sponsors. Raymond James is not responsible for the content of any website or the collection or use of information regarding any website's users and/or members.